Why should a company use Automation in 2023?
With the growing prominence of AI, the automation of tasks has become a topic of interest among business professionals. Although many companies have tasks that are ripe for automation, manufacturing companies are particularly well-suited to the implementation of such technologies. In Ireland, where there is a significant manufacturing sector, a proactive “can-do” attitude prevails, wherein challenges are met head-on. While this approach is commendable, it can prove costly. To avoid unnecessary expenses, a prudent first step is to identify the low hanging fruit in the form of tasks such as palletising, pick-and-place operations, and streamlining internal logistics.
There are several reasons why a company should consider using automation especially when they have, or are predicting labor shortages in 2023:
- Increased productivity: Automation can perform tasks faster and more efficiently than humans, which can increase overall productivity. With a labor shortage, a company may struggle to keep up with demand, and automation can help bridge the gap.
- Consistency and reliability: Automated systems are less prone to errors and can produce consistent results, which can improve quality control and customer satisfaction. In contrast, human workers may be more prone to errors, especially when they are overworked or under pressure.
- Cost savings: While automation may require an initial investment, it can lead to long-term cost savings. Automated systems can reduce labor costs and minimize waste, which can improve a company’s bottom line.
- Safety: Automation can perform dangerous or hazardous tasks, reducing the risk of injury or illness to human workers. This can also improve worker morale and reduce absenteeism due to workplace injuries.
- Flexibility: Automated systems can operate around the clock, which can provide greater flexibility in production scheduling. With a labor shortage, it may be challenging to maintain round-the-clock staffing, but automation can help ensure that production continues uninterrupted.
While it may require an initial investment, the long-term benefits can outweigh the costs and help the company remain competitive in a challenging market.
A Universal Robot (UR) is a type of collaborative robot or “cobots” designed to work alongside humans in a wide range of industrial and manufacturing applications. URs can be programmed to perform a variety of tasks, from simple pick-and-place operations to more complex assembly and packaging tasks.
In the context of a labor shortage, a UR can be an excellent solution for companies looking to automate certain tasks while still relying on human workers for more specialized tasks.
If you would like to find out more information on what we can offer you, email: firstname.lastname@example.org