MiR500 (Mobile Industrial Robot) is designed to automate the transportation of pallets and heavy loads across industries. With a payload of 500 kg, speed up to 2 m/sec and a footprint of 1350×920 mm, MiR500 is the largest, most powerful, fastest and robust collaborative, autonomous mobile robot from MiR.
Collaborative mobile robot for internal transportation of heavy loads and pallets within the industry and logistics
- Length: 1350 mm
- Width: 920 mm
- Height: 320 mm
- Weight (without load): 230 kg
- Load surface: 1300 x 900
RAL 7011 Iron Grey
- Robot Payload: 500 kg
Speed and performance:
- Battery run time: 8 hours
- Maximum speed: 1.2 – 2.0 m/s (2,0 speed upgrade kit available from 01.01.2019)
- Ramps and inclines: 1%, at 0.5m/s
- Battery: Li-NMC, 48 V, 40 Ah
- Charging time (10% to 90%): 1 hour with MiRCharge, 2 hours with cable charger
- Battery charging cycle: Minimum 600 cycles
- External Charger – Cable or Dock
- Input: 100-230 V ac, 50-60 Hz / Output: 48 V, max 40 A
- WiFi: Dual-band wireless AC/G/N/B
- I/Os: One Ethernet connection with Modbus protocol, Power: 3 x 24 V output 4 inputs, 4 outputs (IEC61131-2) Safety I/O (8 inputs, 4 outputs)
- SICK Microscan3 safety system (2 psc.)
- 360° visual protection around robot
- 3D camera (2 psc.)
- Detection of objects ahead 30-3,500 mm above floor
Safe and efficient maneuvering
The collaborative MIR500 safely maneuvers around people and physical obstacles. With its advanced technology and sophisticated software, the robot autonomously navigates to find the most efficient path to its destination. When it meets obstacles, it will automatically re-route to avoid costly lags in logistics processes.
MiR500 is equipped with the latest laser-scanning technology that delivers a 360-degree visual for optimal safety. 3D cameras have a range of 30-2,000 mm above floor level to detect pallets.
Optimize pallet transportation without changing facility layout
With the MiR500 Pallet Lift, the MiR500 picks up, transports and unloads pallets autonomously, freeing up employees for more valuable tasks. There is no need to change the facility layout when operating the MiR500 as the function of wires, magnets or QR codes is replaced by sophisticated navigation software. Simply download CAD files of the facility to the robot or use its laser scanners to create a map – that’s all it takes to ensure a fast and cost-efficient implementation.
A robust robot for the industry
MiR500 is compliant with ISO/EN 13849 and fulfills the EMC requirement for industrial and light industrial use. The rugged MiR500 is designed for industry use with robust exterior that can withstand dropped cargo and can easily navigate up and down ramps and even through shallow water puddles.
Highly user friendly and flexible
The user-friendly MiR500 gives you full control of the robot from the very start. MiR500 is controlled with the intuitive MiR Robot Interface via smartphone, tablet or PC, and can be programmed without any prior experience. The robot can also be integrated into your ERP system for a fully automated solution.
With the ability to quickly and easily integrate different top modules, the MiR500 can be equipped with pallet forks, conveyors, a robot arm or other options to support a wide range of applications.
- Efficient transportation of payloads up to 500 kg with high speed
- Optimizes your internal transportation of heavy loads and pallets and allows employees to focus on higher value activities
- Eliminates material flow bottlenecks to increase productivity
- Maneuvers safely and efficiently around people and obstacles in even highly dynamic environments
- Requires no changes to existing facility
- Extremely flexible and can be redeployed for different tasks with customized top modules
- User-friendly interface that can be programmed without prior experience